ALANTRA Spain (Madrid)
Position: Private Equity Associate
Date: May 4th, 2022
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, challenging and fast-paced environment, eager to learn and comfortable working under pressure? If yes, please continue reading and apply if you think this position is for you.
Alantra is a global alternative asset management, investment banking, and credit portfolio advisory firm focusing on providing high value-added services to companies, families, and investors operating in the mid-market segment. The Group has over 540 professionals across Europe, the US, Latin America, and Asia.
In Alternative Asset Management, Alantra offers its clients unique access to a wide range of investment strategies (direct investments, fund of funds, co-investments, and secondaries) in six highly specialized asset management classes (private equity, active funds, private debt, infrastructure, real estate, and venture capital) as well as private wealth management services. As of October 15, 2020, assets under management in direct investments stood at c. €2.4bn, while funds raised since inception in funds of funds, co-investments and secondary funds stood at €10.8bn.
Its Investment Banking division provides independent advice on M&A, debt advisory, financial restructuring, and capital markets transactions, having advised on over 300 deals for a total value of €33bn in the last two years. Alantra’s senior bankers and execution teams offer a global understanding of industry sectors combined with strong local relationships with the companies, investors, entrepreneurs, and financing institutions in each of its markets.
Alantra’s Credit Portfolio Advisory team is the leading portfolio advisory unit in Europe, having strong local presence across the UK, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Brazil and China dedicated to transaction execution, structuring, pricing, modelling and data enhancement in relation to credit portfolios and banking platforms. The team has advised on over 90 transactions for a total volume of over €62bn in the last two years.
For more information, visit www.alantra.com.
Private Equity Overview:
Alantra Private Equity is the preeminent PE manager in Iberia with more than 25 years of market experience. Alantra PE invests in mid-market companies, a segment encompassing companies valued at between €50 million and €500 million.
Key figures of the division are as follows:
- 15 investment professionals in Spain with over 150 years of aggregate experience
- €1.4 Bn Assets under Management
- Over 65 investments in all the sectors of the Iberian economy
- 14 portfolio companies
Currently we are looking for an associate that will join us, starting in June 2022. As an associate, you will be fully engaged in the team and your day to day tasks will include taking a proactive role in:
- Analytical modelling: Provide all analytics required for the principals, directors and partners to make an informed decision about a deal. This will include preparing due diligences, forecast models and reports
- Monitoring Portfolios: Maintain up to date the financials regarding a portfolio of companies.
- Review and summarize information memorandum: screening the documents in order to provide data about new investment opportunities
- Helping with fundraising: when funds are being formed, assistance will be required in the form of preliminary fundraising. Handling client interface will be necessary as well.
- Genuine passion for fundamental analysis and investing.
- Strong academic background and financial knowledge (including accounting, financial statement analysis, valuation and financial modeling).
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to contribute with your own ideas and work with little guidance
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook. Basic knowledge of Thomson Reuters, SABI will be valued
- Capable of working under pressure and in a context of shifting priorities
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- 4-5 years in private equity, investment banking or consulting is a requirement
- Native Spanish. Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Madrid, Spain
Documentation to be sent to email@example.com, with the subject “Alantra Private Equity Associate + candidate’s full name”. Attachments:
- Current CV (including a photo and information about your education, work experience and extra-curricular activities). Please attach in the CV your academic records.
- Cover Letter explaining your motivation to join Alantra Private Equity
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the application deadline.