Position: Senior Strategy Analyst
Date: 21st July 2021
Volotea is the fastest growing and most dynamic low-cost airline in Europe this last decade.
Launched in April 2012 by the founders of Vueling (among top 4 LCCs in Europe), our strategy is focused on connecting under-served medium and small-sized European cities, with more than 1500 employees in peak season, and having already transported close to 35 million passengers, with a modern fleet based on the Airbus A320/A319 family of aircraft.
Our headquarters are in Barcelona, Spain and to date our principal markets are France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Greece. We currently have 16 operational bases; Nantes, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Strasbourg, and Lyon in France; Venice, Verona, Palermo, Genoa, Cagliari, and Naples in Italy; Athens in Greece; Hamburg in Germany and Asturias and Bilbao in Spain.
We are hiring for the position of Senior Strategy Analyst reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. In particular, the main responsibilities of the employee will be the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead high-level cross functional strategic projects, working closely with the top management across all corporate areas in the planning and monitoring of strategic projects
- Deliver proactive input to strategic matters, developing an end to end understanding of the company and the industry
- Apply problem solving and creative thinking to address topics of diverse nature: financial modelling, strategic planning, route selection process, operational efficiency improvements, etc.
- Play key role in the likely mid-term IPO of the company, being a critical interface with investment banks and other relevant stakeholders
- Integrate the Fleet Planning team running diverse strategic analysis to define Volotea’s fleet strategy and supporting aircraft sourcing campaigns
- Create materials for Board of Directors about the company’s progress, including contents about most complex and confidential matters with high precision/accuracy
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering, airline management or other technical degree
- English and Spanish high level
- Analytical capacities
- Methodical person with high ability to work under pressure
- Optimization and resource management knowledge is a plus
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Excel and Power Point